Saturday, March 12, 2011

Accountability

Ok... I am at my fattest EVER! I got on the scale this morning and I thought it was broken. It said 156lbs! I haven't seen 156lbs since my second trimester of my last pregnancy!  What is worse is that I'm going to school to be a Dietitian. What kind of example am I setting?

The main problem is that I'm in school full time and since I started ECU last fall, I haven't paid attention to my diet and exercise habits one bit.  What is the best way to get back on track?? BLOG IT!! This will give me some accountability because I'm putting it out there for the world to see. Hopefully,  the thought of publicly failing should be enough to keep me going long enough to establish healthy habits.

The Plan:
To write on a semi-daily basis on how my day went, how I am feeling, and maybe some tips I'm learning along the way in school. Also, I will post weekly updates on my progress. Maybe I'll get a few tips from my readers as well. I will have them all neatly tagged under my "Diet & Exercise" page so they can all be viewed on one. 

So, lets start this thing off right!

Today I woke up and ate the last two homemade chocolate chip cookies... had to get rid of them! Now, that the temptation is out of the way,  I had some scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee w/ skim milk and truvia sweetner. Then I went for a 3 mile walk!! Pretty proud of myself.  Not that I have the abiblity to walk, but the fact that I took the time to do it. My goal with this is to work my way up to a 3 mile run... Think I can accomplish by June?? I think so...

Ok... Now that I've got this ball rolling I hope I don't live to regret it. Worse case senerio... I delete the posts and pray no one read them. I need to stay accountable. Hopefully this is the way to do it. I will finish my day's progress tonight and layout the plan for the week.

WISH ME LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat! Im ridiculously out of shape and I don't really have any excuse. (I have a freakin' treadmill in my house for goodness sake... I need to convince myself it's not a towel rack I guess.)

    ReplyDelete